Last Dollar Road was the primary access to the town of Telluride in the 1800s, bringing prospectors and farm homesteaders into town for trade. It is currently used as a scenic passage dirt road that weaves its way through the San Juan Mountains. Along this route sits the historic Collins Barn on Deep Creek Mesa, which was constructed in 1902, and is remembered as the last watering station for the stagecoach. This project is the design of a small homestead above the old barn for a local family. It explores the adjacency of old and new as well as the concept of prospect and refuge atop an open mesa with commanding views.
Status: Under Construction